What is Hybrid Learning?
Hybrid learning is an education methodology that allows teachers to instruct both remote and in-person students at the same time via virtual instruction solutions.
This education method has taken the professional training industry by storm—and with good reason too. This training method can bring considerable value to your training program and enrich your instructor-led training sessions and events.
Hybrid Learning Definition
Hybrid learning is quite different from traditional, more passive virtual training methods. This unique learning model focuses on creating a more engaging experience for remote training participants—allowing them to interact with the instructor and other learners as though they were physically present in the classroom. Connected via dynamic, 2-way HD audio and video connections and robust virtual collaboration tools, remote learners are not simply passive observers in the training session. Combining the live classroom with virtual components brings parity to the learning experiences of in-class and remote learners. Virtual learners benefit from the flexibility of attending remotely while receiving the numerous benefits of instructor-led training sessions.
Benefits of Hybrid Learning
The hybrid modality provides significant benefits for learners, instructors and organizations hosting training sessions.
- Increased interaction with session instructors
- Greater engagement with presentations and learning content
- Higher quality peer-to-peer interaction
- Greater flexibility in course scheduling
- Richer communication with remote students
- More flexible scheduling
- Ability to reach more learners
- Better student engagement with an interactive teaching environment
- Reduces training costs while expanding reach via virtual attendance
- Better learning outcomes due to more effective training
- Decreased cancellations
- Decreased travel and transportation costs for students, instructors, and resources
Are you ready to incorporate hybrid learning into your training program? Download our comprehensive guide: