IT Support Specialist
Attune Corporate Headquarters — Downers Grove, IL
Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, office applications, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Provides users with first/second level help desk, network, and server support. Responds to the needs and questions of users concerning their access to network resources. including website, online advertising, social media, and videos
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Build, test, and maintain PC installation images for deployment to various corporate desktops and laptops.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Set up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use.
Installs and tests the necessary software and hardware for client application installation and upgrades.
- Tracks, manages, and reports inventory.
- Assist Corporate Computer Support personnel with PCs, network components, and associated services.
- Provides support and backup to the Customer Service Technical Support and Facility Technical Support teams.
- Must be available to work late / off-hours as required to meet business needs
- Or other tasks/responsibilities assigned by the manager.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
Technical Skills– Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
Analytical – Collects and researches data.
Communication – Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college/university or;
1 to 3 years related experience and/or training or;
Equivalent combination of education and experience
Moderate knowledge in current and future Windows Desktop systems (7, 8.1, 10)
Basic knowledge of Networking concepts and diagnostic tools
Basic experience in desktop, network, and server support
A+ or MCITP in Windows 7 or better, Network+ or MCP in Windows Networking
Basic knowledge of Firewall and security knowledge/experience
Basic knowledge of Windows Server systems (2012 R2, 2016)
Salary: $43,000 - $49,000 plus benefits